Thursday, January 13, 2011

It's Official!

So, about 3 months ago I am hanging out in the exhibit hall of a conference I was attending and I strike up a conversation with a very nice man about working in Saudi Arabia.  I send my resume - just for fun and now I AM MOVING TO SAUDI!!!  I am going to be leading the Quality/Risk Management department for a 400-bed hospital in Dhahran.  I really work for an oil company called Saudi Aramco and this hospital is for their employees and families.  I resigned from my job at HCA - where I have worked for almost 17 years - today.  Kind of bitter sweet really.  I have been there a long time and have made many wonderful friends.  But I am SO excited about this opportunity.  I will be working with people from 50 nations!  Professionally it is a once in a lifetime chance.  And the other opportunities are great as well!

For now, Brian is staying here.  He is almost ready to retire and besides we need to see how this goes.  We still have our house and property to take care of and I couldn't think of getting rid of our dogs.  I have 2 months off each year and Brian can come to visit me for up to 2 months at a time so we will see each other almost as much as we did with all of my travel : )  lol

I am starting this blog site to keep all of my friends and family up to date on what and how I am doing.  I will probably not write much until I get settled but when I am in Kingdom I will try to write a couple of times a week about my adventure.  This is going to be awesome.  Brian and the boys are as excited as I am and we are really looking forward to watching the Lord's plan unfold!  Thanks in advance for prayers - I am not saying this will be easy but I think it won't be that bad  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment